Virtual PC 6

ksd20039

Registered
I have recently purchased my first Apple product, an iBook with OSX 10.2.8. I have also purchased Virtual PC 6 and installed my own copy of Win2000. The program works fine except that I am unable to mount win2000 or office icons on the dock. The program pauses OSX and does not allow me to move the cursor out of the windows screen until I shut down windows. When I go into the settings, it says that i have not installed these settings. How should I go about doing this? My other problem is that the windows screen will use the full screen, so my screen size is small. Please help. Thanks.
Kevin

Hi Kevin. First of all: welcome to the forum! ;)
You will need to install some additional tools for virtualpc. If win2000 is not running on fullscreen-mode, you will find several icons on the downpart of the window. Last one should look like a "razor blade". Clicking on it will allow you to install some additional tools for VirtualPC. To have the icons displayed in your dock, you will have to enter the setup-menu in the VirtualPC List window (simply move your win2000 window and you will see it in the background). The last option is: Dock Show Windows Applications.
To get the mouse out of the Win2000 windows, simply press the apple-key and you will be able to move the mouse to your mac-desktop...
Enjoy!

Ahhh, about the screen-size: you should use 800x600 for win2000 otherwise your ibook screen will be overloaded. ;) And switching between full screen and windows mode you gotta press apple+enter.

Back