VirtualPC 6

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
Did anyone try it yet? Any improvements so far?
Trying to figure out, if it's worth to pay $99 for it...

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
Did anyone try it yet? Any improvements so far?
Trying to figure out, if it's worth to pay $99 for it...

UPS is delivering it to me today... It will have XP Pro in it... Hopefully it will be good.

I hope so too! Not only for you! ;-)
Am waiting for a solution to run few performance-hungry applications made just for windows-systems.

So, post your impressions!

tnx!

Am waiting for a solution to run few performance-hungry applications made just for windows-systems.

tnx!

the applications I want to run are My TypeArtist, and BannerMaker Pro...

Along with Age of Mythology... (I hope it works)

tnx!

Impressions:

slow with Windows XP Pro... However I believe this is due to the memory crunching XP is known to do... I have 1,256mb ram... I need more clearly...

I figure if I up this to 2gb Max out my 867mhz Dual Mac... I will be flying yet again in speed...

Windows always is temperamental... So if you install it the first time like I did... Expect possibly problems... Other than that it's good for what I need it for.

Win2K works pretty fast for me, if you give it at least 512meg of ram... I haven't tried anything to speed up, as far as optimizing hard drive settings. I am on a G4 800 17" iMac.

I was gonna use it for my e-mail client ( Calypso, non-standard mailbox format, not exportable to anythign else ), but I think I am just gonna archive my e-mail and use Apple's Mail.

to me it's worthless with XP... They put a limit of 512mb of ram to it... It's worthless and slow on my Dual 867mhz with 2gigs of Ram... Screw it... I will use a KVM switch and hook it up as a erver etc.

Back