Weird pixelation on desktop?

Essex

Registered
I have a fairly new Macbook and I encountered this small problem I've never seen before. Every once in a while, this odd pixelation appears on the desktop background. I've attached an screen cap of it for reference. It only shows up on the desktop and doesn't show over top of any open windows. Restarting fixes it, but it comes back. It's not a huge problem, but I'm worried it might be an indication of a future problem.

Anyone ever see something like this, and/or know what could cause it?

Attachments

• screencap.jpg
    screencap.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 18
Could be a hardware problem. You should try booting to your Apple Hardware Test, see if any errors show up.
Assuming a hardware problem even if the Hardware test passes, you should get it tested at an Apple Store, or service center.

Do you have more than one monitor attached? Have you installed some sort of software that overclocks any of your hardware, or have you overclocked something physically?

Usually you'll get this when something is running faster than it should be or something is just not working right, generally the graphics card.

make sure none of the vents on you macbook are blocked as it could be the grafics card over heating have a check at the vents just below the screen
as apparently there has been issues with apple forgetting to remove a clear plastic strip that blocked the vents and made a few overheat

Back