Welcome Netscape 7

twister

Howdy
I'll have to admit that Netscape 7 is worth the look. I think they did a good job on this one.

Twister

I have been using it for a half hour now and it is much quicker than 6 was. I like the ablility to be able to tab through seperate web pages in one window.. probs to netscape on this one (for once)

Originally posted by bobw
No, you don't have to register with AOL to use it.

The first time I started it, I couldn't get past a thing that wanted me to register with AOL. The second launch just opened the browser like normal.

Originally posted by btoneill
And netscape took out the option to stop pages from sending you unwanted popups.

Brian

Also, you can't run mozilla 1.1 and netscape 7 at the same time. :D I had my icq running, and it couldn't see it (along with not being able to set the choices for aim, etc.).

Yup....no choice to block popups.....no thanks. I'll stay with mozilla (btw, where's the option to block popups? I can't find it in the prefs! *l*).

Though, I do like the tabs feature...since I run multiple browser windows....

Originally posted by btoneill
And netscape took out the option to stop pages from sending you unwanted popups.

Brian

No they didn't... it's the first check box in the Scripts pane in the prefs. "Allow web pages to open links in new windows" - don't check it, and pop-ups are toast!

Originally posted by cabbage
This is for Preview Release 1 on Windows
Was just relaying what I read in another forum. I use Mozilla and have no need for the bloatware that is Netscape, thus I haven't tried it out.

I lost all trust in Netscape, I had tried all of their betas and previews and finals since Netscape 4 and it cant even compete with IE as far as stbility and speed. I have officially given up on Netscape. I won't even try 7 out.

It works great for me in 10.1.5...better than Mozilla...even though it uses all the preferences from Mozilla. At all sites that require password access, Netscape works better for me than any browser except IE. This will be my default browser unless something shows up to change my mind.(For instance, if it doesn't work well with 10.2 which I have on the way) :)

Matt

If you want to block banners try this.

Bannerblind

It will remove thr HTML for the banner or create a blank spot based on the sizes that you want to specify. It works on Mozilla and Netscape 7. Once you install it will be under the TOOLS menu. I use it with Netscape 7 :)

P.S. You can go to PREFERENCES... ADVANCED... SCRIPTS AND PLUGINS to kill popups.

Enjoy your ad free surfing. I am. :D

hmmm...
so is it worth while to d/l this version ? I have lost faith in all the 6.x versions of NN....up to recently I used 4.71 but since I moved to X, I just deleted it

I downloaded N7 and i love it! For the first time Netscape became my default browser. I wanted to add some new theme but there are only 2 available for it at the official site so i was wondering if i can download and install mozilla themes. Are they compatible?
And one more question... is there any way to make the mail button to launch entourage? I think that it s not possible, but doesn't hurt to ask :)

Bezbozny.

For what its worth, I went to both those sites and clicked on links on those sites and not one popup ever showed up . I am on NS 7 on OS 9.2 (NS 7 won't install or work on my 10.2 for some reason -- I believe it is a conflict with Mozilla 1.1).

Back