Which make/model of Router?

asana

Registered
Friends:

Living in Costa Rica makes it hard to get the router I need. Before I order one in the States I would like to make sure that I get one that is recommended by users. I want shared Internet access for a OS X Mac and a XP PC, both with ethernet and USB. I have an ISDN Terminal that remains connected via USB or RS232 to the Mac. The former would be my preference. I have no wireless cards installed on either machine, but I am open to get them if you recommend what kind to get for either machine.

I have one shot at this, since it is very clumsy to order in the State, have stuff sent to a US address, then have the items forwarded When something need to be exchanged, many weeks can go by -- not to be talking about shipping expense. That is why I want input and would to like to hear which routers work for you in a similar setup. Also price is a big consideration. Something that is easily installed and does not cost much would be great. ::angel:: thanks for helping out
asana

bobw said:
D-Link, Netgear and Buffalo are all good routers. Just decide which model fits your needs.
Tetano said:
I use a Draytek router to network a xp pc and two mac laptops, it works very well...

Really appreciate the links. I am frankly quite overwhelmed by all the models to choose from. Some do not give me port information. I have a ISBN Terminal (modem) with USB or RS232 port to connect to the router, then two machines, PowerBook G3 and PC XP to connect to the Internet. Is there anyone who knows what model to get. I wouldn't be asking if I had done this before or was an expert on LANs.
Please help me with a model and please consider my first post above. I appreciate all the help I can get in this matter. :eek:
asana

Back