10.1.6 ???

Will there be a 10.1.6 ???

• Yes, as soon as possible

• No, they just don't have the time

• Hopefully

• It's good enough for me already

Results are only viewable after voting.
I read on apple.com that it was official that 10.1.6 would be released before 10.2 ... work even begun on it before 10.1.5 was released.
and thank god for that.. i've never had a system as unstable as my 10.1.5 box :(

Originally posted by [Scizo]
I read on apple.com that it was official that 10.1.6 would be released before 10.2 ... work even begun on it before 10.1.5 was released.
and thank god for that.. i've never had a system as unstable as my 10.1.5 box :(

how has it been unstable for you?

i have it on mine, and havent experienced any problems.

geez and i thought 10.1.5 was it until 10.2.

Ohh and my 10.1.5 is fine. I really don't see any difference.

Twister

There had better be a 10.1.6 to fix these video issues that many of us are having. If I were Apple, I would be embarrassed as hell. 10.1.5 is the worst release yet for me.

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
What are you guys talking about ? I cannot even tell that I have the 10.1.5 update. same as 10.1.4

Look through here and also the discussions at the Apple site in the OS X forum. Lots of people, including myself, having all but one resolution grayed out in Display preferences. Mine is limited to 800x600 But unchecking recommended does show all of them, but this is a problem. My display profile says "Unknown Display", as opposed to something like CPD-4201M as it should say. It's a 19" Trinitron monitor.

no problems for me. I've not noticed too much difference even though my video card is supposedly now supported but I haven't had anything break.

Mine doesn't seem any diffrent either nummi. But i would love to be able to have a larger screen size. I just need a new display! Or something.

Twister

One problem I've encountered on my PowerBook G4 with 10.1.5 is that DHCP wont pickup my Ethernet connection after I put the PB to sleep. The only way to reestablish a network connection is to restart the PB. I've tried everything, from using BootP, to manually configuring DHCP. Disconnecting and reconnecting the CAT5 cable does nothing as well. I reinstalled with 10.1 and the problem disappeared so I'm fairly sure it's a 10.1.5 problem. Has anyone else encountered this bug with 10.1.5 on their PB?

Of course, I haven't experienced any problems with it either. On the contrary, my GUI sped up noticably.

Steve Jobs said on WWDC that there would be *one* update until Jaguar. That was 10.1.5. If Jaguar is delayed (which it isn't, as far as I can tell from the recent builds, I guess it'll be final somewhere in the late 6C7X builds or 6DXX, about 1 or 2 months from now) there might be a small update to fix some things in 10.1.5, but as they don't want to call Jobs a liar, it'll just be a small fix with maybe a new build number - but still 10.1.5. So, where on Apple do you want to have read about 10.1.6?!

Is there some Jaguar beta somewhere ? I'm really impatient, for GUI speed misses to OSX, I think.

I'm on X.15, no problems. All my hardware connects fine (S400 printer, N676U scanner, SpeedTouch modem).

yes toast, there is a jaguar beta available somewhere. and some people are entitled to use it. if you're not one of them, don't ask where to get it on this site.

It's not going to be a long wait period any more. I guess we'll be able to buy the packages at the end of July and I think *that* will be one major announcement at MWNY.

Back