10.2.6 -> 10.3

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
I was thinking if it would be possible to copy the new text-editor from panther to jaguar. Prog is prog...
And I would be interested to the new Preview as well.
And what about Exposé? Is there any shareware or freeware out there allowing jaguar to use the same function?
Those three point are the most interesting for me and they are not worth to pay more than $100 for a new os...

Think it wont work... and that it would be kind of illegal :) I have to say, after trying out the panther beta, that i will be first in line buying the full version when it is released! it's all the small details (and the big like the speed and look of the new Finder) that makes it worth it. i think this is a much bigger update than the Jaguar was.

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
I was thinking if it would be possible to copy the new text-editor from panther to jaguar. Prog is prog...
And I would be interested to the new Preview as well.
And what about Exposé? Is there any shareware or freeware out there allowing jaguar to use the same function?
Those three point are the most interesting for me and they are not worth to pay more than $100 for a new os...

So, far my attempts to use such wonderful apps from Panther Preview into Jaguar turn into nothing! :eek: I tried to make work under Jaguar the following apps:
-TextEdit
-Preview
-QuickTime
-DVD Player
-Address Book

If anyone, finds a way (or ways) to make them usable under Jaguar let us know :p :D

Originally posted by hulkaros
So, far my attempts to use such wonderful apps from Panther Preview into Jaguar turn into nothing! :eek: I tried to make work under Jaguar the following apps:
-TextEdit
-Preview
-QuickTime
-DVD Player
-Address Book

If anyone, finds a way (or ways) to make them usable under Jaguar let us know :p :D
You CANT, just like Jaguar Apps dont work on 10.1 or 10.0, apple it using there new faster APIs that dont exist in the old OSs :p

More specifically, for TextEdit: Its features are dependent on _external_ libraries, to which other applications also have access.

When I'm saying I tried to make them run I'm not saying that I just double click those apps :p :rolleyes:

You know! I tried... ;)

Hey, let's not forget about Exposé. Would love to have it on my 10.2 as well. So, anyone ever saw a tool doing such an effect?

Aha, interesting. Is there any improvement in the terminal and calculator of panther? And how did you do, bracken?

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam

After the release date for Panther is announced, go around and check places like Amazon.com, MacWarehouse, and MacConnection. A number of places were selling Panther for $99 or less.

-JARinteractive

I probably will do so, jarinteractive, but right now I simply love those "tools" and I want to keep my stable and mature 10.2.6...

I wonder, how did Apple improve Classic support in Panther? I don't use OS X because most of my software works better or only in 9, and I have a hole in my Classic environment anyway. I wonder if 10.3 would fix this issue.

There's a Classic status icon in the toolbar which shows whether Classic is running or not, you can start/stop or restart classic form the contextual menu, access the prefs and even access the Apple menu items.
Classic seems to start a lot faster too...

Back