10.2.6 released!

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
10.2.6 has been released. Check your Software update*.

The 10.2.6 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: Address Book, Graphics, Printing, OpenGL, and PC Card and USB hub device compatibility.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25448

:D :)

*thank you for fixing my grammar.

"The 10.2.6 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: Address Book, Graphics, Printing, OpenGL, and PC Card and USB hub device compatibility."
Straight off of SW

Hmm... 6.2 MB, not really a big update. Why couldn't they just wait for 10.3, and leave the 10.2.6...

Originally posted by senne
Why couldn't they just wait for 10.3, and leave the 10.2.6...

maybe because there was at least one serious issue (the usb hub kernel panic one) which called for a more immediate bugfix.

Well i just installed it, hope i don't have any problems out of this. I did notice Safari crashed a lot under 10.2.5

10.2.5 update was also supposed to improve Address Book, as 10.2.6 is supposed to. However, I haven't seen any change since release of Jaguar to this Address Book. Any ideas ?

Seems here the same as well. senne, 10.3 .. will be a paid version, so those who don't have the necessary $ to upgrade might be happier with more working 10.2.x instead. :)

Originally posted by toast
10.2.5 update was also supposed to improve Address Book, as 10.2.6 is supposed to. However, I haven't seen any change since release of Jaguar to this Address Book. Any ideas ?

can't seem to find the kb article, but I seem to remember it saying that the only change was support for one of the newer Sony-Ericsson phones.

i'm surprised they didn't fix the bug with iPhoto and iMovie's buttons (zoom/minimize/close) being too close together.

anyone else still have this problem?

From here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25448

-> Enhancements
-----------------------
- Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which a kernel panic message may appear if certain USB hubs or devices are connected.
- Improves printing compatibility for PostScript OpenType fonts.
- Improves compatibility for Maya Auto Paint and Paint Effects features.
- Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which English is the default language and Asian language scripts are not available in the International preference pane if a script's font is not available.
- Improves compatibility for MacSoft Unreal Tournament 2003 on computers with GeForce 2MX and GeForce4MX graphic accelerator chipsets.
- Address Book now supports the Sony Ericsson T610 phone.

So, it is clear(!?) that the only upgrade to the Address Book is that supports Sony Ericsson T610... My next mobile :p :D ;)

Just ran Xbench under 10.2.6 and compared it to my results under 10.2.5. It appears that my Altivec operations have slowed down only slightly, but my OpenGL has sped up quite a bit (Under my GeForce2 MX). I guess this was more of a graphic card enhancement update than anything.
I have a USB HD that consistantly and faithfully kernel panic'ed the machine when I tried to transfer large numbers of files over... I'm going to see if they fixed this issue right now.

"Improves compatibility for MacSoft Unreal Tournament 2003 on computers with GeForce 2MX and GeForce4MX graphic accelerator chipsets."

when does it come out for mac?!

Anything about the PowerBook G3 Pismo battery life? I only get 5 minutes off the battery!!!! I'm plugged in all the time!!!

I'm with "boi", when does Unreal Tournament 2003 come out? And do other games perform better because of the OpenGL update?

How about this one. I've been unable to print anything semi-complex or complex on my NEC Superscript 1450 ever since Jaguar came out because NEC has been stupid enough to not update their OS X drivers past 10.1. So I've not been able to print web pages or Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign documents to my laser printer for months.

I installed 10.2.6 and voila! It's alive!!!! It's alive!!!!

Hmmm... We never heard back from Ricky. Does that mean that something worse than a kernel panic happened this time?

Maybe, maybe not :)
He probably just went out to dinner with his girlfriend or something ;)

Back