10.3 Finder question

hazmat

Rusher of Din
Here's one thing that REALLY annoys me through 10.2 and I would love to see it fixed in 10.3. In the Finder, when you open a window at least in Column View that has a lot of files/folders in it, when
you scroll either with a mouse wheel or just grabbing the scrollbar and pulling down, it's really really sluggish until you've hit the bottom, then it's fast until next login. Any change in 10.3's Finder?

Thanks.

For me, this is quite fast in 7B74. Although I couldn't really say whether I have done it before without a restart... And I don't want to restart my iBook right now. ;-) ... I guess it's been solved. As you can read elsewhere, the Finder is now a mach-o Carbon application, which is native to Mac OS X. Most things in Finder have seen a speed increase. I feel quite comfortable with the new Finder by now...

Well the scrolling is fine after the first time you do it. You'll see the same thing after logging out and back in I think as well.

logging back out and in is the same for me right now: i have about ten applications open with several projects. no logout/restart for me for the next few hours. ;-)

but i'm pretty sure that i have _not_ done a scroll-down to the bottom since my last restart, which was this morning when installing the printer driver.

btw.: http://macnews.net.tc has news about desktop printing in Panther. :) :) :)

Cool then. I'll be extremely excited if you are right. I typically see it with the Applications folder, but you can see it too with some folder you are not usually in that has a buttload of items, like your Preferences folder, etc.

Back