Address Book / i-Cal copying/backup

ricardo35

Registered
I want to be able to put a copy of all my contacts/calender stuff onto a portable drive to take home and update my home machine. Can't work out what files I need to copy though... Where is the 'data' kept...?

I already do a similar thing with email by copying the 'Mail' folder in the library... I'm hoping a simliar thing is possible for i-cal and address book...?

Thanks in advance.
Rick

For iCal, select the calendar you want to export and then check export in the File menu. In Address Book, you can select all your contacts checking all in the 'group' menu and then clicking on 'export group vCard'.

Thanks guys... the export thing appears to be workable. The i-pod thing sounds even easier though... I don't have one but assume there's a nice automatic function...? Have been thinking about an ipod shuffle - had a look but unlike the mini and regualr ipod it makes no mention of this sort of syncing... do you you if it does it...?

Thanks again

Hmm... exporting has problems - things get duplicated. Randman you talk about copying the actual files... what ARE the actual files?

Thanks

I actually use Mac's Backup app to copy the info. You can specify what you want to copy over and where to copy it to. Might be easier than going through the Library and copying stuff manually.

Back