Adium supports other services

Orbit

MacMan
Adium now supports all other popular services well atleast the alpha versions do :)

its great i love it :) soon as more features are added it will be perfect

NICE! I lubed Adium until iChat took over my AIM time. MSN support might bring back the good ol' days.

kind of hit or miss right now. it's coming along really quickly though.

~~NeYo~~ said:
does it do AIM file transfer yet? I only really use AIM, and i loved Adium, but i NEED File transfer!

What - other than supporting other services, which I'm not interested in - makes it better than, say, iChat?

fryke said:
What - other than supporting other services, which I'm not interested in - makes it better than, say, iChat?
I tried out one of the alphas, but sadly I'm a little disappointed with the new version. I think the original had a better interface. One major feauture it has over iChat is tabbed messaging, but it's not that great. I'll stick with iChat for a while since it has better buddy icon support and file transfer support.

fryke said:

Everything. God, there's nothing to not like about adium 2.0. All these extra features, (real) status circles, TABS, clean, better interface, transparent borderlist budd list, buddy notifications. Lots of other stuff. Treat yourself and download it.

adium is teh koool.

buddylist.jpg

(note: preview's jpg compression is not teh koool).

adium has a bazillion features and preferences, but they're not all in front of you. the 'hidden' preferences are under the advanced tab. neat.

you can receive file transfers, but not send them. they're working on it. it's got full support for buddy icons and the such. remember, adium 2 is an ALPHA. i believe the latest version crashes when you try and edit buddies.
the developers are really cool guys. check out www.adiumx.com. i've been following the project for a good long while (oh, say, ever since the first binaries).

it's got an itunes plugin for parsing away messages, idle messages or profiles ("i am listening to %_track by %_artist"). it's got an event bezel, fully customizable for login/outs/idles/aways/messages.
the tabbed interface is amazing. dragging tabs around is so much fun. the tabs even have typing/idle/away notifications. when a user goes away, his away message shows up in your chat window. the contact list mouse-overs must be seen to be believed. it's got contact alerts that are fully customizable to a crazy degree. it's also got address book integration (import and export).

it supports msn, jabber, aim, icq, and some other stuff (sorta. they're still working on it. alpha-- remember?)

it's really a community effort. if you have an idea, a UI change, etc. the developers are really responsive.

i promise i'm not working on adium myself. i'm not even a member of their messageboard, but i believe the adium project is an amazing project that is coming along great, that's why i'm sticking up for it. i used ichat for awhile, even while following adium, but as of november or so, i switched over to adium. neato.

Wow, sounds cool. :) the last adium I tried (non-stable) seemed a bit buggy on OS X .. but if I like that, that'll make me trash proteus (trahsed fire already, the last version i tried didnt launch...).

Adium 2 is SO much better than iChat i don't know where to begin...

native iTunes integration, awesome customizable settings for the power user, much faster than iChat. Now Adium 2 has libgaim support (buddy icons, away messages) and you can't even have a profile in iChat...file transfers are shaky, but they will come soon i'm sure.

It's still in Alpha stages, but the forums are awesome, the devs are so dedicated and will answer all of your questions, i can't tell you how many TINY things i have requested that they have implemented, it's just a pleasure to use. Daily binaries are also really cool. when this thing is a finished product i will be very surprised if many people still use iChat over Adium 2 (unless they are using their iSights with iChat AV)

http://adium.sourceforge.net

It even has a tic tac toe game :) now it supports webkit so you can make your on message view theme in html,css,xhtml... ect

New features added often as :)
and if u didint know it does support buddie pic display for aim they are currently working on a msn display pic

MacMan said:
ummm not sure probally a bit after libgaim reaches 1.0 its currently at .75 i think

Yeah, it's currently using libgaim 0.75. I'm not sure when it will be officially done, i would say 4-6 months at least. It's not even a beta yet.

ok here is the default webkit look and one the i dl and slightly moded and another i dl: (in that order :) )

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 2.pdf
    38 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 1.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
Back