airport extreme mac spoffing..

flacochala

I`m in!!
Does anybody know how can i spoof my mac address in an airport extreme card, with the ethernet i have no problems, but when it cames to my airport extreme card says that the operation is no supoorted,.... y read something like recmpiling my kernel but no one explain how can i do that... can anybody help me... please.... thanxsss

Well, the #1 reason to spoof your wireless MAC address is to gain unauthorized access to a network (assuming you've also cracked the WEP/WPA key if there is one). So we're going to need a bit more convincing than that. ;-)

And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the AP Extreme card just doesn't even support this. As far as I know, it can't be put into RF monitor mode for wireless sniffing either.

It does support it, but it goes along with my saying, If you do not know how to do it, then you do not need to know.

but i really want to learn how to do it... not only for accesing AP, but because im interested in... just think it like this... i could do it with any other pcmcia wireless card, i just want to do it with my card.... is that really that hard to understand???

Yeah, this sort of thing is kind of like asking "How do I make a pipe bomb?" because you "just want to know how".

No huge risks, as long as you back up your important data. Barring data loss, the worst that could possibly happen (and I seriously doubt it would) is you might fry your airport card and have to get a new one.

So, have fun learning, and good luck.

Back