Am i covered????

seth1434

Registered
I have an older version of macbook, the black one running osx 10 which has served me great over the years except mysteriously stopped reading all disks. Then most recently taken a tumble off a chair onto the floor and tried to eject the whole disk drive causing that side to warp. Now I still am covered under the 3 year waranty but is this something apple will fix and if so how do I save my information before I send it in?

First off, if its an accidental damage I dont think apple will cover it. Second, is it still bootable?you can must do a back up just in case they need to clean format the system. You must also create another account for them to use rather than your personal account.

Unfortunately, does not cover...

(ii) Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including faulty
installation, repair, or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service
Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or
humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or surges of electrical
power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;

However you can probably bring it in the the apple store for a repair, although it will cost you.

To backup, it has to be read by disk utility (if its bootable, it is). You can either just burn your important information to dvds, flash drive, etc. You could also purchase a cheap external hard drive and backup all your important files or create a full clone of it (use either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper, the free version is SuperDuper is probably fine for your uses).

Back