Anyone Manchester, Uk tomorrow (Feb 17)?

Viro said:
I'm not a Brit, but I'm in the UK. Currently in Oxford. No, I don't study at *the* Oxford...

Is "Viro" a hint to you then? I know Viro is in Estonia .. :D

I was born in 2 different places. I don't feel home in either of them. My birth place on the documents if not the same as the physical place I was born in, which always frustrates me. The people I "should" consider as "mine", or rather me belonging to that weird population, does not inspire me - I understand (mostly) what they say, can write poorly, have no interest in putting my feet to that ground again.

It is not "Viro"; you could be surprised of the provinces of which and how many countries I know (having seen etc).

"I am" and that is it. I don't like to add an adjective that describes a nationality or a religion etc. I am me, or trying to become me. And I'm more a result of all the places, people, and things that have happened to me during the lifetime. You might not be surprised if I could shortly just tell that "Where are you FROM is NOT one of the questions that get the best out of me. It just turns me off normally.

Besides - I considered one day I was from the place I lived my childhood in .. my parents were (as they think) from somewhere else (where I have never been), and my sister defines her as where she lives permanently now. Thinking about that - I am amazed I have ever even met my parents of my sister ::ha::

Giaguara said:
I was born in 2 different places. I don't feel home in either of them. My birth place on the documents if not the same as the physical place I was born in, which always frustrates me. The people I "should" consider as "mine", or rather me belonging to that weird population, does not inspire me - I understand (mostly) what they say, can write poorly, have no interest in putting my feet to that ground again.

It is not "Viro"; you could be surprised of the provinces of which and how many countries I know (having seen etc).

"I am" and that is it. I don't like to add an adjective that describes a nationality or a religion etc. I am me, or trying to become me. And I'm more a result of all the places, people, and things that have happened to me during the lifetime. You might not be surprised if I could shortly just tell that "Where are you FROM is NOT one of the questions that get the best out of me. It just turns me off normally.

Besides - I considered one day I was from the place I lived my childhood in .. my parents were (as they think) from somewhere else (where I have never been), and my sister defines her as where she lives permanently now. Thinking about that - I am amazed I have ever even met my parents of my sister ::ha::

[?]

Spanish then?..

applewhore said:
are you baiting her, octane?! ;-)

No! Not at all.

Just a little vexed by the circuitous answer to a very simple question.

If who I am now is a product of where I've been or where I was from, I can think of no place on earth I would choose to bestow such an insult... :rolleyes: ;)

Anyway, something else to consider. The American Dollar is very weak against the British Pound.

I noticed this the other day when I made my contribution to the site; $30 became £16, nearly half price.

So buying top of the range G5 with all the trimmings could be a serious consideration for anyone with cash to spare.

So even if you got stung for import duty [likely, but uncommon], you'd still be saving a packet!..

Gia's a she. One of the only shes on this board.

And I could tell you where she's from, but I don't think she'd appreciate it. ;)

Ricky said:
Gia's a she. One of the only shes on this board.

And I could tell you where she's from, but I don't think she'd appreciate it. ;)

Told you!

There's another female of the opposite sex floating around the forum -- Cheryl.

Hey! For all you guys no, I could be a woman. Not sure if my girlfriend would be happy with that .. or would she? [kinky!] :cool:

Back