AOL instant messenger: not getting my ims?

Mischief[LTS]

Registered
hey guys, quick few questions here.

first off let me say ive been using AIM for a while (years) with no problems until recently. people have been asking me very rudely "why are you ignoring your instant messenger ims?"

i dont ignore peoples IM's. so there has to be something wrong with my settings, i just have NO Idea what it could be! and maybe its thru my computer as well, but something is preventing me from communicating with others thru this chat program and i NEED it working (used for business and its the most popular proggie out so everyone uses it)

anyone else know an approach to fix this problem? i seem to be able to message people fine when i try to, but it seems to only be a problem with the INCOMING messages.

thanks for the help !!

Hmm.... I'm just grabbing at straws here... is it possible that you have AIM set to automatically turn on an "away" message when you are idle? Also, when your status is set to "away," do you let AIM show the messages you've received, or hide them?

In order to help yourself avoid confusion, add your own screen name to your buddy list. It will let you see what your own status is, and let you IM yourself to "test" things.

hope this helps.

no i dont have any setting like that at all. um, as far as when im away i choose to 'hide' the new messages til i return.

i added myself to the list and it doesnt say anything out of the ordinary. its very confusing :\

try using iChat. You can set up your AIM account through that pretty simply. It'll basically use a default set of instructions to run your AIM. If it's still misbehaving, then there might just be something wrong with your AIM account (tho unlikely)

Back