Apple 1 year Warranty question.

macisbetter4you

Registered
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this.
My brother bought a Macbook about 5 months ago from another fellow firefighter who was moving to Seattle and still 7 months left on the apple warranty.....Anyway all of the sudden the macbook shut off on him so he called apple and he has to send it away so today he received the box but it came in with the prior owner name will this matter even thought he gave his name to the apple technician when he was explain what happen......he gave his name, email, phone number,user and password.....But the Box to ship in the macbook came with the other guy name.
I dont know if this will be an issue or not anybody else has an idea?

I have never had an issue bringing in stuff for other people. In fact I don't think they really care who the owner is, just as long as they check that it is in warranty, and if it is, you are perfectly fine so I would not worry.

I have never had an issue bringing in stuff for other people. In fact I don't think they really care who the owner is, just as long as they check that it is in warranty, and if it is, you are perfectly fine so I would not worry.
I sort of told him the same thing you know just send it in it has your address and he gave his number if they need to call him incase what ever is wrong with the book is not cover.......we shall see.........Thanks for the input :)

Just send it in the box.
You can call AppleCare - or rather make the guy who first owned the Mac to call them, and explain that it was sold to you. They can change the ownership - and they should have done it already... if it's the guy who sold it, they at least then should be able to do that.

Back