Apple has its own web browser!!!

solrac

Mac Ninja
... or something like that...

TextEdit reads HTML files and displays them properly. And renders them fast too!!

Even when all the images are linked as absolute links (http://...), it still pulls in all the image files and lays everything out very well.

You can even type in input text fields and stuff!!

what is this using? Is this apple's own renderer? Or is it borrowing something else?

Couldn't they build this straight into the finder????

I think you need an html file locally on your system (/Users/user_name/Sites/index.html perhaps). Check the check box in TextEdit prefs as stated above. Go to File--> Open and navigate to that html file.

Originally posted by testuser
Apple used to include a HTML-browser/editor application (in the Utilities or "Grab Bag" folder) under the Public Beta or OS X 10.0. It had a spider in a web as it's icon. It seems to have been removed by OS X 10.1.

Have you still got that.... cuz if you have you know what I'm coming to.....;) :D

they introduced an html rendering library sometime around the release of os9, i think. there's still an HTMLRendering framework in osx. you can check out the header in /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HTMLRendering.framework/Versions/A/Headers/HTMLRendering.h

whew, that was a mouthful.

That's to PB apps that don't work in OS X 10.1, Music Player and HTMLedit. I forgot all about that app!

Stop the presses!

Console.log gives this error when the app crashes:

dyld: /Users/dricci/Desktop/HTMLEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/HTMLEdit can't open library: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HTML.framework/Versions/A/HTML (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Does anybody have that file from Public Beta? If so, please post!

Back