Apple sued over G3 support

Hey Mac Write,

I understand what you are saying about not installing the components that you do not need, but a huge plus (for me) of OSX over anything that M$ have produced is that once it is installed you don't need to go back to the original CD.

I really hated on NT, Win95/98 the fact that every time I added/changed a component of the OS I needed to 'Insert the Installation CD'. Yeah, they tried to get around it too a large degree by including the installation CABs on the HDD, but they disapeared if you needed to re-install from scratch.

OSX doesn't rely upon this and I am very grateful for it. For me, HDD space is cheap in comparison.

I agree with everything you are saying about using the video card as much as possible.

I use my iBook for OSX and I find it fast enough. My productivity has gone up from OS9 to OSX because the multi-tasking capability fits my way of working. A friend of mine has an iBook and 10.0 did not run at all well on it. The main difference between the two was that he had a 4MB graphics card and I have an 8MB one. 10.1 runs smoothly on both machines. However there are some other differences somewhere. For a laugh I downloaded Doom shareware for OSX. It runs smoothly on mine, but he gets less than a frame a second - something wierd going on there.

Roger.

it seems like this guy has had a sour experience.
When he bought his mac (1998). OS X wasnt even in beta yet. I want SCSI too and other things to work on my mac with MacOS X but the reality is that computer tech gets outdated fast and there isnt much people can do about it. eh -- america the land of the suers and the sued :p

Back