Apple webmail

OK, Apple Webmail ROCKS! I LOVE being able to check my mac.com E-mail on the school PCs! I was getting really annoyed at how slow iloveapple.com was, so this is a great replacement!

But I have been having some problems with the Webmail in OmniWeb. The checkboxes on the E-mails that you can use to delete, reply, etc, don't work correctly in OW. Checking the checkboxes activate the wrong buttons on the top, making it very hard to use unless you actually read an E-mail and delete or reply from there. Works fine in Mozilla. So far it seems that I'm the only one who has this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I'm using OW 4.1 beta 4.

Adam

Ok, so I'm poking around in the new webmail.apple.com thingy, and I've noticed something strange...

I use Entourage and Mail for my mac.com email, and I have both of them set up to save sent messages in the "Sent Messages" folder. I clean that folder out now and then to save space, and have had NOTHING in it for the last 3 days or so.

So I head on over to webmail, and in my preferences, I see that I'm using about half of my 5MB limit. I check my inbox -- nothing big there. 9 messages total in there, the largest being around 100k.

So I make it list "all folders," and I see that I have 60 (!) items in my Sent Messages folder! WTF?! It seems that they've been sitting there the whole time... that Mail.app and Entourage were NOT deleting them when I deleted them out of the Sent Messages folder... even though in Mail.app and Entourage BOTH report that there are NO messages in the Sent Messages folder!

I double-checked to make sure I only had one "Sent Messages" folder, and sure enough I do. Anyone else experience this oddity?

I really don't know about email stuff, but this happens to me with my school email account. I think those apps just delete the mail off your computer, and not off the mail server. I don't know if there is an option to change it works or not, I'm sure someone else here has a better explanation.

Could be... but I'm using IMAP, so the messages in my local "Sent Messages" folder should be synchronized with the messages in the server's "Sent Messages" folder.

Just plain weird.

This is so sweet.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it last night before I crashed from 11 hours of homework. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it much but oh man, it is cool. Everything (pictures ect) worked for me and it was hella fast. Best of all, no adds. I would pay a small fee for this if I had to because it is fast, addless, portable, and has the professional yet subtle brag factor.

As far as I'm concerned, Apple is above and beyond the call of duty here. They give us free email and web space, and they even keep them spam free (unlike hotmail where I get 80 unsolicited emails a day and I never used it to sign up for anything.)

I know my Apple cares for me.

Originally posted by twister
What Yahoo is making us pay?! What?

And

What do you mean by bouncing e-mails?

Twister

Yahoo is going to charge for Forward and POP Access. Both which I use.

Now I don't need Yahoo anymore.

I hope it's just because it's new, popular and Beta but today was not a smooth day:

1) Can I stop the website from synching up with all my folders in Mail.app. It's slowing down Mail.app a LOT.

2) Mail is taking a LONG time to be delivered - like HOURS!

3) Does iTools always ask you REPEATEDLY for your password? I've been asked page after page after page.

4) I had trouble getting to the login screen a lot today (on Windows).

5) How do I remove my old folders in Mail.app - I now have two Deleted, two Inboxes, etc.

6) Mail.app doesn't make my default "new mail" sound for Mac.com mail. Why?

7) Even though I have DELTED my other account, I still am getting mail into that account's Inbox in Mail.app (also see #5).

8) The "Get mail" button in Mail.app doesn't seem to always work. It spins REALLY QUICK. Only if I close the Mac.com folders or restart Mail.app do I see that it's 'doing something' (it says it's logging in).

Am I doing something wrong?!?!

I got this last night @ school (T1 with a messed-up firewall/proxy) and I thought it was due to that damn firewall, but I got it again this morning @ work (double-firewall/proxy) and it worked fine yesterday. Weird.

"The page you are attempting to access requires that you authenticate using your SecureID badge login and token. "

No errors for me @ home on DSL. Everything works fine.

As for the one person's double mailbox problem - it seems like you were probably connected to webmail and mail.app iTools at the same time and caused some type of conflict. However, I have no idea how you can go about fixing it short of looking for some sort of delete button.

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
I got this last night @ school (T1 with a messed-up firewall/proxy) and I thought it was due to that damn firewall, but I got it again this morning @ work (double-firewall/proxy) and it worked fine yesterday. Weird.

"The page you are attempting to access requires that you authenticate using your SecureID badge login and token. "

I was getting that, too.

But, I figured out I was typing webmail.apple.com instead of webmail.mac.com

Originally posted by cwoody222

I was getting that, too.

But, I figured out I was typing webmail.apple.com instead of webmail.mac.com

Hmm.. That looks like Apple's internal @apple.com mail checker tool. Interesting :D

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
Duh. NOW I feel dumb... hehe... good catch!

I think i also did that last night.

One thing i did notice that i didnt like, and reported, was the fact that if you log out it still remembers your user id. So when i'm at school it keeps remembering my id. I dont like that. When i hit log out i want an option to 'completly' log out. So user id and password are both blank.

And whats a quick address? I thought it was the address in my address book but they dont appear in the drop down menu.

Twister

Back