appleworks issue

gunnerj

Registered
whenever i start up a new word processing document in appleworks 6, the new document appears on the screen very small. before i can start typing i always have to drag from the bottom right corner just to see the page. this happens every single time. how can i change the starting size of a new appleworks word processing document?

what version of appleworks are you using? this was cleared up in the last update for most people.

okay, so i downloaded the update and am now trying to install it, but i keep getting the same error

when i am nearly done with the installation, the installer is installing a file name 'ENGPHON.ENV' and it pops up with an error 'Error creating file 1008:5 -5000 Access denied error' I think click 'ok' and it says, 'You do not have enough access privileges for this installation'

i am the administator for the machine and i have appleworks 6.2.1. i am trying to update to appleworks 6.2.4.

any ideas on what i might be doing wrong would be great. thanks

For the duration of this install log in as root by going to the netifo application in the utilities folder.

Go to domain ---> authenticate, type your admin password, then go domain ---> enable root user.

Perform the install, then go back to netinfo, disable the root use,r then deauthenticate.

I was having the same problem with 6.2.1 (but I tend to use TextEdit all the time, so I wasn't in any big hurry to find a solution) After seeing Ed's post, I downloaded and tried to install 6.2.4, but it had no effect.

On the outside chance that 6.2.4 update wasn't replacing the parts that were causing the problem (I had been using 6.0.4 without these problems back in Mac OS X Public Beta), I removed Appleworks completely, reinstalled 6.0.4, and applied the 6.2.4 update to it without any of the other updates. I am happy to say that the problem is now gone from my system (but I think I'll still use TextEdit for most of my writing needs.

Back