Backup 1.2, what is the advantage over Backup 1.0 ?

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
Backup 1.2, what is the advantage over Backup 1.0 ?

I run 10.1.5 and wonder what will be the gain of Backup 1.2 when it will be available.

Well, one of the main things is being able to span a backup over multiple CDs or DVDs. In Backup 1.0, you could only back up 650MB to a CD or something like that -- and that was that, no way to backup more onto another CD.

Now, Backup 1.2 has the ability to backup as much as you want to to CDs, since when it fills the first CD, it'll spit it back out and ask you to put in another one to continue backing up.

There should be some other features, but this one is the one that struck me as the most important or useful.

Backup 1.0 does not back up application programs. This is very annoying, as I am constantly concerned that I will lose one of my old favorite programs.

Of course, my deepest fear is that I will lose HyperCard 1.2.2, which runs fine in OS X and is the basis of a bunch of my databases.

Hopefully, Apple will reconsider, and enable backup of applications. Meanwhile, I use Retrospect Express, which I otherwise don't like as much.

Back