Best Bluetooth adapter for G4

Dean M

Registered
Hi. I see in the discussion groups that there are a lot of problems with Bluetooth adapter modules for the G4, such as the D-Link one that Apple recommends. Mainly, and I know this happened with my G4, the Mighty Mouse doesn't wake up after you put the G4 to sleep. (I borrowed a Hawking HBTC 2 to try). It's ok if you shut down the G4 and reboot, but if you put the G4 to 'sleep',you have to remove and then replace the usb Bluetooth module to get it to recognize the mouse again.
My question is: What Bluetooth USB adapter works with the G4 with the least known problems.
I know you can use most any USB module, but most donot have firmware updates from the mfg. for Mac. There are also reports of early failure and no capability to do file transfers. Thanks for any advice . Dean M

i have an iogear on my desktop g4, and so far have not had any issues with it. of course, the only thing i use it with is my cell phone, as i'm not a big fan of wireless mice/keyboards (the wire keeps it teathered to my desk so that my son doesn't walk off with it never to be seen again). and the iogear are made for macs.

Back