Black iPod YAY! £500...? Um...no.

Convert

Tech
Maybe not...

So it's black, that's reeeeally cool. There are only 20 of them. Also reeeeally cool. They're only available at this site (in link), yeah, you guessed it, reeeeally cool. But they're £500?! That's more than double the price of the normal iPod, and just about double the price of the U2 iPod!
Not so reeeeally cool.
Kinda mad?

LOL. When I read your "And guess what!" I thought you were going to announce a much lower price....but....nope...

According to the Price Converter I use (ww.xe.com/ucc), £500 is $962.262.

You may just want to check out the other link.

Convert said:
Maybe not...

So it's black, that's reeeeally cool. There are only 20 of them. Also reeeeally cool. They're only available at this site (in link), yeah, you guessed it, reeeeally cool. But they're £500?! That's more than double the price of the normal iPod, and just about double the price of the U2 iPod!
Not so reeeeally cool.
Kinda mad?
Something that made me do a quick double take when it hit me - why are they only making/selling 20 of them?

Is the black paint they're using really rare and have magical properties?

Kap

Ceroc Addict said:
Something that made me do a quick double take when it hit me - why are they only making/selling 20 of them?

Is the black paint they're using really rare and have magical properties?

Kap

Limited supply, overwhelming demand, they can charge some ridiculous price (i.e. £500) for it.

Viro said:
Limited supply, overwhelming demand, they can charge some ridiculous price (i.e. £500) for it.
If this really is their logic, these guys need to check a high school economics textbook i.e. They'd sell a lot more than 20 if the price wasn't so ridiculous (and make considerably more money). These things are mp3 players, not Porches.

Kap

Would they be making more money? As it is, they're probably enjoying a nice £200 profit on each iPod being sold after factoring in all the cost of labour and materials. They could make it cheaper and sell more, but then that would eat into their profit margins.

Sure, they're MP3 players to you, but you need to realize that there are people for whom money is no object. £500 is pocket change to them.

There's nothing to stop them from making 20 more once their stock is sold out. Believe me, what they're doing makes good sense. Until people get bored of the iPods, or others get hold of the idea and start making black iPods and undercutting their prices.

Back