Bluetooth adapter rercommendations

Viro

Registered
I'm looking for a good USB bluetooth (class 1) adapter for my iBook. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should get?

there is an apple firmware update for the d-link dongle which will make it incompatible to windows. Watch out when you use SU

Thanks for pointing out the D-Link adapter. However, its a class 2 adapter which only has a range of 33 feet. I'm looking for a class 1 adapter, which should have a range of over 300 feet. Looking at their site, I don't think D-Link does any Class 1 adapters.

Thanks for pointing it out though. Any others?

I am using a msi dongle which works just fine. In those days, they claimed to make a range of 100meter. Never tested the range but it works fine through my concrete walls and my t610 cell.

Maybe I am not understanding right, however, isn't the MSI PC2PC Bluetooth Windows only? How did you get it to work with a Macintosh?

most of the bluetooth dongles follow certain standards which won't require any drivers. So, you simply plug them and your system says you got a bluetooth connection. No drivers needed. The MSI PC2PC works fine for me, but I can't use the headset options. This function was added to the dongle by additional drivers instead of a new firmware. The drivers are windows only. :( So, I ended up with the Dlink DBT-120 just to use my bluetooth headset on my mac..

Back