bonjour scanning

ahmettaha

Registered
Hello,
I have a hp 2575 all in one printer. Before I had my mac, I had a pc, and I had connected my printer through ethernet to my wireless router, and I could print and scan and everything else wirelessly. After I switched to mac, it was still working all fine. but then my router died, and I bought an airport extreme, the printing and scanning didnt work anymore, so I connected it through the usb to my airport extreme router. I can get the printing, but I cant get the scanning to work again unless I connect the printer directly to my mac. Is there a way to use the scanner feature wirelessly again?

Thanks

Wow that was posted 2001. It's 2007 and I am having the exact same problem. Anyone know if I can scan wirelessly using an Airport Extreme and an EPSON RX510 all in one?

The USB port on the AirPort Extreme base station (AEBS) supports printing ONLY. It does not provide support for scanning.

Ok thanks Bob. That's a real pain in the rear if I have to physically move my printer/scanner to scan or just have it in my room as opposed to the study where it's meant to live. Oh well, thanks.

Back