Bored? try your software update for fun.

edX

mac shaman
he he:D

"The Networking Update improves network and Internet access after restarting your computer or when waking from sleep."

as of 6/21

Is this a fix to the issues users have been having with 10.1.5 and networking? I know my PB would lose it's ethernet connecting through DHCP and couldn't pick it back up without restarting the computer. I have been using 10.1.4 because of this.

Yes, I have it run daily now because i am so bored and noticed this today. i have not updated yet because i didn't want to restart =)

airport - there's one for my inactive list:p

but by the time most folks see this, they will get a double surprise i guess.:D

Bah, I don't like the inactive list. Especially since if there are no updates but you have inactive updates, the Software Update application launches automatically and notifies you of this. Apple should update the Software Update preference pane to display a little message if there's only inactive updates available.

I usually tend to install all software updates, anyway, because you never know when you need that newest piece of software. :) Of course, OS X 10.2 (or whatever Apple decides to call Jaguar) will probably include those updates.

This update put me at build 5S66.. :rolleyes: Does this update really constitute a build number change?

Originally posted by ricky
This update put me at build 5S66.. :rolleyes: Does this update really constitute a build number change?

Woah! I just noticed a change from this update. The About This Mac window's title bar button is now graphite, along with my Appearance theme. It was always red until now.

Note: I corrected this to 'NOW graphite'

Originally posted by hazmat
Woah! I just noticed a change from this update. The About This Mac window's title bar button is not graphite, along with my Appearance theme. It was always red until now.
...I guess it does constitute a build number change, then. :D:p:rolleyes:

I install this update last nite and was pleasantly pleased that it corrected a boot problem with my WD120GB-SE/ATA66 system disk. Before the update it boot into the OpenFirmware of a Kernal Panic if I used the Restart Option under the Apple symbol. The work around was to power down and reboot.
That problem now seems to be resolved.

If your are bored installed the AppleScript 1.8.3 update via the Software update. I tried this yesterday and it blew the boot block off the WD 120GB-SE I mentioned in the post above. Several other people have had problems with this upgrade/install crashing and causing havoc to their system images.
The only thing that saved me was a current updated copy of the OSX partition on a smaller disk and Carbon Copy Cloner which restored the image to its former goodness.

Kind of off-topic. Using "Jaguar" build 6C35 here. Software Update shows iPhoto 1.1.1 . It won't go away! I've downloaded and installed it through SU already, yet every time I check, it's sitting there taunting me. Weird stuff. None of the other updates show up in my build of "Jaguar" BTW (not surprising).

I don't have an inactive list anymore... when I reinstalled 10.1 and applied the updates to it, somewhere along the line the inactive list went away. Any idea how I can get it back?

As for the networking update and airport update... hopefully between the two it'll resolve the problems I've been having with my airport connection after coming out of sleep mode.

Back