Buffer underrun error....

steven_lufc

Registered
I am having a constant problem with burning disks in toast. The only write speed I can manage to burn at is x1, as all the others end up with a 'buffer underrun error....choose a slower write speed'. Well x1 is the slowest and it stills stops with the same error at least 1 every 3 times :(

In toast preferences I have set my cache size to 64mb, as I read on Roxio support that this might help, but it doesn't.

Whenever I run toast I quit all other apps (sometimes even finder) but to no avail.

Anybody had a similar problem and have a solution? I'm going through disks as if they are free!!

Thank you in advance

G3 600MHz slot loading Graphite iMac
768mb RAM
40Gb HD
Toast 5.2.1

Try setting your buffer size to something smaller. I encountered a similar problem when I increased the buffer size, though it may or may not have been related.

for an internal i dunno. Shouldn't be a cable issue, and by it being a iMac, it can't be sharing a IDE chain with a hard drive which would slow access to write down. I had issues with the latest releases of Toast, i stuck with what worked, i believe it was 5.1.3 or something. But thats for 9, and with a USB drive.

tried a variety of different combinations of speed and cache size to no avail :(

think i'll dig out 5.1 if i can find it and try that.

could there be a problem with the internal drive?

what speed do you get with a burn from itunes?

i had underrun errors when i had a few apps open and working whilst burning in toast titanium,but thats only ever happened once.

Back