Call Of Duty 2 1.3 Patch Volume Locked

chillboy100

Registered
I downloaded the 1.3 patch for Call of Duty 2 on my Intel Based iMac.

When I open the "Call of Duty 2 1.3 Installer" it says:
"There is a problem with the expansion destination.
The destination folder "/Volumes/CoD2Mac1.3/Call of Duty 1.3 Patch Installer.app/Contents/Resources" is on a locked volume. Please select another destination."

I have opened "Get Info" on the original .dmg I downloaded and I have given myself access to read & write.

But, when I try to give myself permission under "Ownership & Permission" on the volume (I don't know what you call that thing that looks like a white CD drive and you have to eject it to get rid of it, I think it's called a volume) when I open the original .dmg I can't give myself permission and next to "Owner" in "Get Info" it says "(unknown)"

When I try to assign myself as "Owner" under "Ownership & Permission" it says:
"The operation could not be completed.
An unexpected error has occurred (error code 195)."

Also, next to "You can" under "Ownership & Permission," the pulldown menu is locked and it says "Read only."

This has also been a problem with other apps I have tried downloading so it isn't just the Call of Duty 2 1.3 patch, but this is just an example.

I just want to know how to unlock the volume because trying to do it though "Get Info" isn't working.

Thanks

P.S. My System Profiler might not work correctly because I accidentally deleted it when I was cleaning my computer memory, but I emailed the System Profiler from another Mac to myself to try to get a System Profile. If it works then there's no problem, but if it doesn't can you suggest another way of getting a correct System Profile?

Hi
Try copy the COD patch application to your desktop and run it from there. DMG are generally read only and have to be converted to become read/write.
The system profiler app should work from another Mac as long as both mac's are at the same system/patch version. Or you can open terminal and paste this in-
system_profiler -xml -detaillevel full >~/Desktop/sp.spx
This will save a system profile xml file to your desktop, from here you can open this file in a text editor or send it to someone.

Ed

When I copy the Installer App to my desktop and run it an error message pops up that says:
"An error occurred attempting to expand /User/Chris/Desktop/Call of Duty 2 1.3 Patch Installer.app/Contents/Resources/CoD2_1.3_Installer.pkg
A folder was specified when a file was required (Error #17530)"

Also, just disregard the System Profiler stuff I fixed it.

Open up your console application located in your Utilities folder, click on the system.log in the panel on the left and try the copy again. Watch for anything that mentions error or disk IO. Let us know if you find anything at the time of copy?
Ed

Back