Can anyone recommend a good UK Mac magazine (Monthly)

Will_Richo

Green & Growing
Can anyone recommend a good UK Mac magazine (Monthly)

I am spending time on this forum to learn as i am a Mac newbie, but would also like to read a magazine. Any info appreciated.

Thought this was the best place to post this one.

Thanks.

:cool:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check it out, i presume i will get it at WH Smith etc.

Thanks Again

Hey Will
I know you said you are interested in magazines, but i've go to say i basically gave up on them once i got broadband. Not only are most magazines largely online, but a combination of boards like this, news sites like macnn (and fryke's site! :) ) give me all the content, and macupdate/verisontracker/insidemacgames give me what comes on the coverdisk. Also it saves me building up stack of stuff in my flat (unlike my nature subscriptions which seems to show up almost every day!).

Not what you asked for i know, and you may well have good reasons for being particularly interested in magazines including that they are just more to your taste than reading stuff online, but am just throwing in my 2 cents.

ora said:
Hey Will
I know you said you are interested in magazines, but i've go to say i basically gave up on them once i got broadband. Not only are most magazines largely online, but a combination of boards like this, news sites like macnn (and fryke's site! :) ) give me all the content, and macupdate/verisontracker/insidemacgames give me what comes on the coverdisk. Also it saves me building up stack of stuff in my flat (unlike my nature subscriptions which seems to show up almost every day!).

Not what you asked for i know, and you may well have good reasons for being particularly interested in magazines including that they are just more to your taste than reading stuff online, but am just throwing in my 2 cents.

Yo Ora. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciate the info, it is good. Did not know about the guys sites. I will check them out. BUT, my wife screams at me if i take my laptop/Pbook into the loo.......I like my magazines in there....Place of great contemplation and knowledge building....hehehehe. :D

Until i am better on the Mac, i will have a go with a Mag & more Site revision, this forum has been fantastic so far. I have soooooo many questions, but i am pacing myself so i take it in.

Thanks again Ora. ;)

Depends on what you want from a magazine, but if you're fairly new to Macs, as your last post seems to suggest, you might want to take a look at Macformat.

MacFormat UK may be nice. Have a look .. if you can browse a copy before buying it in the newspaper stand, you may see how the magazine suits your needs. I got a copy of that magazine when they had something interesting and related to me last year .. but I'm not so into buying paper magazines so didn't subscribe. :D

McWorld and MacFormat have both UK and US versions widely available .. check which you like more. Bookshops are your friends.. ;)

Giaguara said:
McWorld and MacFormat have both UK and US versions widely available .. check which you like more. Bookshops are your friends.. ;)

That depends on where you live – the shops in my neck of the UK woods have never heard of Macs. :mad:

I subscribe to MacFormat over the 'net and get it delivered, but if you live somewhere civilised with right-minded newsagents you'd do best to spend some time browsing to make sure what fits your needs before you buy.

Back