can't get my Mac Mini to sync with iphone

rodeman

Registered
I have a Mac Mini with OS 10.5.6 and I can't get it to sync with my iphone. Under the bluetooth icon at the top of the screen I've selected Bluetooth setup assistant. It asks me to select a pass key, i type one in and then type it in on the phone and it says they are paired on the phone.

On the Bluetooth setup assistant it says there were no configurable services on your device. What I was hoping to do was automatically download the pictures from my phone into iphoto via the bluetooth. I'm not even sure if that can happen.

This is my first mac and I'm not very familiar with the extra things it can do. Can someone tell me if downloading my pictures via bluetooth is possible and how to do it? Will it try and answer my calls via the bluetooth or will I still have the phone ring and be able to talk on it like normal even if it's connected to the computer?

Thanks,
John

iphone cannot sync with bluetooth. google. read instructions in box.

has nothing to do with your first mac. reading and comprehension skills are a plus.

best of luck.

Ok here is a bit more information that may help.

the iPhone will only sync with the supplied USB cable/dock. Once you connect this up to your mac iTunes will launch and ask you to setup the phone, here you can specify the various items you would like to sync, music, photos, address book, mail accounts etc.

This is the only supported Apple method of syncing info from your mac, although if you have a google account some info can be synced 'over the air' via your Gmail account.

See here for more info-
http://www.apple.com/iphone/getready.html

Ed

To make it even more comprehensible and complete:

1. The iPhone synchs to the computer via USB cable. (Regardless whether it's a PC or a Mac.)

2.) There's OTA (over the air, i.e. through WiFi, 3G, EDGE or GPRS networks) synching available for MobileMe (Apple's "cloud" system) and Microsoft Exchange (which Google can partly use).

Of course there's still hope that one day, Apple will allow synchronisation through WiFi (which would still be slow, but much more acceptable than synching through Bluetooth), but it doesn't seem to be a top priority at Apple HQ.

Back