Cant get'r to shut down

inca power

Registered
After downloading the new Batman movie(oops) i have encountered some problems, the biggest, not being able to shut down my computer, it sticks with desktop pic, but all icons gone. I have started up with my install disc and repaired my disc and ran hardware test,but no improvement. I made another user account and it shuts down fine while logged into that account. What can i do to resolve the issue. It also claims i am using 22GB of my disk in my user account, but when i check each folder separately it only comes out to be around 5GB. Where is all my space? My filevault doesnt seem to be working as well. Im a computer novice and there is barely anything on my computer but a few songs and a couple hundred pics, not even any programs besides google earth and messenger? please help this rookie...

After downloading the new Batman movie(oops)

Where did you download this movie from? If you downloaded it from some random website that had it for download, it's probably a virus. That would explain why it says 22GB of the hard drive is used. Norton AntiVirus is a good program to scan for viruses. Also, it scans each download so you won't download a virus again.

what program did you use to download it?torrent?direct download?use onyx or main menu programs to do some cleaning for you and delete the file! that'll save you some time

Back