cant make mozilla default browser

b4tn

Registered
For some reason even if Mozilla is set as default in the internet prefs IE still opens when I click a link in Mail or fire. Any ideas?

I'm having a similar problem. Whenever I set Mozilla to default a little while later IE is back to default. Arg! I wonder how much Microsoft paid Apple to do that?

This is something you can fix in System Preferences - go to Internet - choose Mozilla as the default browser.

Brian.

in general this only happens after updating the system. it seems to be one of the few prefs that doesn't stay in place. If it is happening more often than that then it sounds like something is wrong.

I fixed this a long time ago. In the terminal:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Internet\ Explorer.app

Originally posted by kilowatt
I fixed this a long time ago. In the terminal:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Internet\ Explorer.app

I am so tempted to do that But I would like to have IE around just in case.

Simply stuff IE and delete the original. That way you still have it, but the system doesn't know it ;)

I have ie on a disk image and now my browser defaults to none even after setting it to Mozilla at least four times in the last two days!!!

I had a similar problem with the default browser changing back to IE after I changed it to Mozilla. I don't have that problem anymore. Now the default browser preferences changes to NetFinder (an FTP client). :D

Back