Can't see CD burned by windoze

Whatever Windows CD burning program will be able to duplicate a CD wether it is plain iso9660, Joliet, HFS, or whatever, multi or single session. I build multisession CDs on my Mac everyday because of work. Toast cannot duplicate such simple CDs unless multiple steps and complicated side tricks, whereas every Windows CD burning program can with just 1 click.

As for building it from scratch CDEverywhere, a crossplatform Java CD authoring tool will let you build HFS structures on Windows, even assigning creator codes, icons in folders... With limits of course, since HFS resources are difficult to be put outside a HFS whatever other format the foreign media is in, but quite possible if enough knowledge, but possible, and yet HFS is the one imposing those difficulties to foreign formats and not the other way around. I can record whatever Mac stuff you want be it an app or a document in windows in HFS format. That's not easy, but it is possible, yet if you want to build a Mac CD the most sensible thing to do is obviously doing it in a Mac.

ntfs allows any number of forks to a data stream, so it would seem that windows would be just as capable of doing hfs as a mac. But nothing really seems to use that. Even if I put my mac files (fully intact with resource forks) onto an NT or 2000 box via Services For Macintosh, I've never seen anything that would simply burn those files to a CD. I'll take your word that it's possible, but it should be easy.

As for multi-session, I can see why it'd be a bit of a pain, as Toast likes to think in terms of volumes, not devices. Are you using X? Would Disk Copy suffice for your copying needs? It will make an image of a device as easily as a volume. Just curious.

Is it possible for me to make an image of an audio CD and burn the image, to make a duplicate of the CD without using iTunes?

Back