Can't sync scroll wheel iPod with Macbook

mac84

Registered
Hi, everyone! I'm a new member. I'm not new to Macs, however, as I purchased my first one in 1984. I have a problem. I have been syncing my touch wheel (1st generation) iPod with my eMac for several years, no problem. I am now attempting to switch and sync my iPod with my Macbook. The problem is that the iTunes on my Macbook won't recognize my iPod. I've attempted restarting the computer several times and rebooting the iPod as well. Occasionally I can get the Macbook to recognize the iPod (it shows up on the desktop), but even then the beachball just whirls. And I have yet to get iTunes to recognize the iPod. I know the firewire and the connection is working, because the iPod charges from the Macbook via the firewire. I have also restored factory setting for my iPod. Any ideas?

I don't know if this is important but do you have an earlier version of iTunes on your eMac? Also have you tried another Firewire cable?

I have the latest version of iTunes on both the eMac and the Macbook. I don't have another Firewire cable to try. Thanks for the reply. Anymore ideas?

Back