Can't update to Mac OS 9.1

hiheels

Registered
I bought an Imac G3 350 MHz a while back.Love my Imac...but I installed OS X a couple months ago, kept getting the question mark, so as I was "blessing the system folder", it restarted and a box came up that said "restart and/or hold power button to restart"...I did...but the same box came up over & over & over again. I tried everything, came to these forums, nothing! Same box...so I did a clean install of the Mac OS 9.0.4 (with the CD that came with this Imac), it said that OS X was still there. I've tried several times to update to OS 9.1. It said something was missing (carbonlib I think). I can't update to 9.1
I thought I was supposed to throw away the "previous system folder", it won't let me. It says "Mac OS X cannot be moved to the trash. Do you want to uninstall OS X? If so, click uninstall. I can't it just sits there.
I'm assuming that I can't open OS X since I've not updated to 9.1 or 9.2.2.
I don't really care if I have OS X or not, which is why I was goin' to uninstall it. I really would like to get back to 9.2.2 though. What can I do to at least get back to 9.1? Any suggestions, this is driving me crazy, I've been at this for over a week.
Thanks for your time!

Christi

the ticket has closed... if you get this you need to reopen it or start a new one... I have no direct way to respond to you atm.

Restart from the CD, go into the menu and look for the disk utility, look for the options to wipe the internal HDD there. Once that is done the HDD will be totally empty, drop back into the installer and you should be good to install all clean.

Thanks so much...I did it!
In between working, I'm updating to 9.1, etc.
Thanks for your help!!!!

Christi

I know who to go to when I'm in trouble again! Hopefully I won't be tho'...

Back