Can'tremove a selected folder in screensavers

scotsman9

Registered
Hi All,

In the screensaver prefs, I added a new folder to test the sliding screensaver. The folder I selected was called thumbs out of iphoto so it of course looks shocking at 1024x768. So how do I permanently remove the folder from the screensavers panel. It looks like I'm stuck with it in the list of screensavers.

Thanks...Scott

Go to hdd/System/Library/Screen Savers and see if you can find the new folder in there. If so, delete it. You might need to authenticate for this step.

If you added it by clicking on "Choose Folder" all you have to do is choose another one of your own folders or Pictures Folder and the unwanted folder will disappear from the menu next time you launch Screen Savers.

Hehe... like andychrist said, the only way to get rid of that folder is to choose another one.

Silly, I know -- I've run into this same problem with the Desktop Pictures pane of System Preferences. Choose a folder to "test" some images, get rid of the folder in the Finder, but the folder remains in the sidebar. Frustrating. I think it should be like the Dock and Disk Utility, where you can drag the folder outside of the window and "poof!" it's gone.

Thanks for that....I just chose something else and it replaced the old folder...but stupid that we can't remove it entirely. :mad:

sd

Back