CardBus wifi solution for macs!

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
I am quite unhappy with the airport card in my tibook (11mbit). Low speed and low range made me suffer a lot. Since my tibook has a cardbus, I was wondering if I can get any cardbus wifi adapter work with my mac and macosx. I bumped on this site and they sound VERY promising. I think I will go for the dlink dwl G650 and use theoretically 108mbit/sec.
However, it would be darn painful if things wouldn't work out fine. So, anyone here that tried these drivers? Any comments on this? I am not only trying to get a faster connection but also a more wide range. Currently I can't move more than 10meter away from my accesspoint in my concrete-walled flat.. :(
Thanks!

What router do you have?

You can't get 108 mbit/sec with anything other than the compatible D-Link G 108 mbit/sec router...

I have heard that the OrangeWare drivers work great...but I'd try it with AirPort drivers first, then the OrangeWare.

airport drivers for third party card bus? Hmmmmm..
Actually the 108mbit card bus adapter comes with a 108mbit router. So, I think they should like eachother. However, does anyone know anything about the practical transfer rate of 108mbit wifi?

Back