CD Burning Problem--More Info

hermz

Registered
After burning a CD from the finder, when I click on the disk, I get the error message:

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore."

I tried a Kensington cleaning disc in the Superdrive. I tried burning at a slower speed. Nothing seems to work. I used to get this problem in iTunes, too...thought it was possibly bad media as it would eventually work if I tried another disc.

I'm running OS X 10.2.8 on a 1 Ghz G4 iMac with 768MB Ram. Using Memorex CD-R.

Any help appeciated. Thanks very much.

I finally urned a good CD...this time I dragged the CD icon on the desktop to the trash can, where it changed into the "burn" icon...peviously i used the finder's "burn cd" command in the file menu of the menubar,,,
(I'm not sure why this worked but I have a similar siuation with printing--i get light printing when I use the print command in an application's file menu, but I get normal printing if I use the print icon in the menu bar or drag the file to a print center icon on my desktop...this definitely seems to be an OS quirk of some sort when the icon works but the file menu command doesn't...)
Still would appeciate any thoughts on why the file menu command didn't work...thanks.

To add to the information in my question about CD burning problems...
I was able to burn a CD in iTunes, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem...

Back