CD/ DVD drive not working

jake.k.anderson

Registered
I recently did an upgrade on my powerbook G4. I replaced the harddrive, upgraded the ram, and installed leopard. After I did all of this, my computer worked fine. My super drive will no longer recognize any kind of disk. When I wake my laptop from sleep or boot my laptop my cd drive tries to do something that sounds like ejecting (but nothing is in there) several times. Also when I try to place a disk in the drive it acts like it is off and wont even recognize the disk to accept it. When I first rebooted the computer after the upgrades I was able to put a disk inside but the computer didn't recognize the CD and then it wouldn't eject the CD for a while. I tried to replace the drive once and it did the same thing so I reinstalled the old superdrive until I could order a new one or figure out what is wrong with this one. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

try putting in the CD that came with the mac o x. The system restore disk. This may be very well a hardware issue since it won't accept any disk. Does it ejects it?or just does not recognize it at all?boot from the system restore CDs and if its not work its a system-wide issue which needs repair/replacement

Back