Completely pointless folder trick

Perseus

Registered
OK, I was a bit bored in class when I opened up a folder on my desktop. As the window was openinmg I then suddenly closed it (using command W) as soon as the window began to open, and the window flickered a lot.

How pointless is that? hehe

My monitor was an apple 17 inch flat panel, dont know if that's whats causing it.

Do you have any pointless mac tricks?

Shift and any expose key, just slows it down.

Shift and minimise slows it down. Who ever told me that, cheers :)

Pointless but pretty.

Perseus said:
OK, I was a bit bored in class when I opened up a folder on my desktop. As the window was openinmg I then suddenly closed it (using command W) as soon as the window began to open, and the window flickered a lot.

How pointless is that? hehe

My monitor was an apple 17 inch flat panel, dont know if that's whats causing it.

Do you have any pointless mac tricks?

Haha, I have NO idea what you just said :p

as soon as you double click the Mac HD (as an example), command + w close the window

a mini finder jumps across my screen when i do that :eek:

Timing is everything with this one...

A cool thing is to start playing a movie in QuickTime, and open Terminal in the background. Then, from the Terminal (or even better, from a remote SSH session) you type the command to kill the process for Dock.app, but don't press Enter yet.

Now, minimise the QuickTime window while holding shift, then hit Enter in the Terminal before the QuickTime movie has ben fully "sucked-in". With a bit of careful timing, you can be left with a distorted "squashed up" movie window that's still playing!

Well if you minizime *that* window, you would see *that shape* in the dock also!!!

A cool thing is to start playing a movie in QuickTime, and open Terminal in the background. Then, from the Terminal (or even better, from a remote SSH session) you type the command to kill the process for Dock.app, but don't press Enter yet.

Now, minimise the QuickTime window while holding shift, then hit Enter in the Terminal before the QuickTime movie has ben fully "sucked-in". With a bit of careful timing, you can be left with a distorted "squashed up" movie window that's still playing!

Truly fascintaing…

But WHY!?

for those that can't be arsed with the command line, get the dock up in activity monitor, and press quit. the forcequit dialogue will come up. press this once you've started minimising that quicktime etc.

Back