Computer Slows in 10.2.2

twister

Howdy
I'm running 10.2.2 on a G4 450 w/448 MB.

The problems comes after i've used the computer for a while. After a few hours the whole system starts to slow down a lot. The dock movement is very jumpy along with elements in every app. If i close everything the speed doesn't come back. Only when i restart complety will the speed come back. Now i've been watching the process viewer and noting is taking up horrid amounts of CPU or Memor except for something that i have no idea what is. (see attached picture).

Can someone help me? I've never had this problem under 10.2.1.

Twister

Attachments

• processview.gif
    processview.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 77
Why yes. I do have a pice of s*** HP printer software installed. I'll go delete it now.

Thanks I hope it helps.

Twister

I have noticed the same thing! The programs I was using last night were Mail, Itunes, Navigator (Chimera), and iChat. The dock was super slow on My G4 Cube 450 w/640 mb ram. Everything else seemed to run slowly as well and it did not help when I shutdown mail, chimera, and iTunes. It only helped when I restarted.

I also have the drivers installed for my HP PhotoSmart P1000 printer and I do not want to uninstall them because My printer does not work that well with Gimp-Print.

Heath Pitts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.heathpitts.com
heath@heathpitts.com
AIM:dheathpitts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uninstalling the HP stuff worked for me. Fixed my problem!! My HP drivers were so slow anyways that i rarely used them. Gimp Print is good enough for me.

Thanks Yall!!

Twister
:D

I hope there is a fix for this. I waited long enough to get the drivers for my PhotoSmart now they don't work?!

On the other hand, what is the best (for the money) Epson printer I can get for OSX 10.2.2. Anybody have experience with them that can tell me about them?

Heath Pitts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.heathpitts.com
heath@heathpitts.com
AIM: dheathpitts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My computer seems to have slowed down bit too, but I don't have any strange object hogging the memory in the process viewer..*confused*

I think it is a cache problem. I noticed with the help of MemoryStick that after a while things just hang in the memory, I have a lot, and half will be in use or inactive, and the rest free. Classic will eat a lot of memory and just refuses to let it go, unless PS demands it. After being up for a while the computer does start to hang, and I still have a lot of memory free. I had this back in 10.1, so I jumped from 512 to 960, and yet it still does it. I don't have any HP drivers installed, I did notice when in single user, my keyboard and mouse fail to reconized, but they work. 10.2.2 is not as good as 10.2.1, I might jump back around Thanksgiving when i have the free time. I think when i first got X, 10.1.3 was the best for me, I had it up for 2 weeks no crashes or anything, I miss those days.

Has anyone of you heard of the new HPIJS (footmatic) printer drivers which supposedly replace HP drivers for more than 200 HP printer models?

I have downloaded the drivers from

http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/
http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/SupportedPrinters.html

but I cannot get the driver to work. What must I do? I also have a HP AIO printer (PSC 950) which seems to slow down 10.2.2 significantly. I need a very detailed instruction on how to replace the HP driver by the new footmatic driver! Please, help.. :)

Originally posted by hirez
How do you uninstall the drivers? I would like to try that and see if it sovles the problem.

Run the installer, there is an uninstall option in there. Or there should be. After that i searched for HP stuff on my computer and trashed all prefs too.

Twister

Back