Converting a Powerbook keyboard into a wireless desktop keyboard?

compton

Registered
I have heard that this a difficult task, but possible. I just got a Powerbook G4 keyboard (just the keyboard and connectors) off of eBay.

My goal is to convert the keyboard into a wireless desktop keyboard (bluetooth or RF). The difficulties, I'm told, lie in properly powering the device and also discovering how to make it wireless.

If anyone knows of a kit, or any howto guides, or has any information that would help push this project along, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

This comment is surely not appreciated ;)
Why don't you just leave it and buy a wireless keyboard? Where do you want to use the selfmade keyboard then? Mac? Bluetooth keyboards are not working properly for mac AFAIK. And for a rf keyboard you might have to slaughter another one which already would work. Or is there some personal affinity to the powerbook keyboard you have? ;)

Yea I guess I do have a personal affinity to the powerbook keyboard. So much, that if it requires me to take apart an existing wireless RF keyboard for parts, thats definitely ok.

Let me know if anyone has some ideas. Thanks!

If anyone knows anything that would help get this mod started, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Back