Converting wma files to MP3

i think the only way you're going to get a WMA into an MP3 is re-encoding it, which would kill the sound fidelity even more, since it would have to be re-compressed.

WMA and MP3 use totally different compression schemes, so I don't think a conversion would be possible without re-ripping the track.

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
i think the only way you're going to get a WMA into an MP3 is re-encoding it, which would kill the sound fidelity even more, since it would have to be re-compressed.

WMA and MP3 use totally different compression schemes, so I don't think a conversion would be possible without re-ripping the track.

conversion is possible and there isnt any noticable quality difference. You can easily convert between the 2 when using a PC. I dont know about how to go about doing it on a mac. I would love to see an OS X app to do it.

I also wish iTunes would have some minimalistic support for wma files

there are several shareware apps that will allow you to convert between a variety of file formats. Advanced MP3 workshop (i think thats the name) is th eone I have used. It will do 5 at a time and only takes a few minutes to convert.

search download.com for mp3 wma convert and you should find a few options

Back