Coolest iPod Ever

I agree, I want "the total package". That's why I am considering just wiring it into the stereo, but I need to find out how to do this, or who will do it the cheapest.

Originally posted by dave17lax
That's why I am considering just wiring it into the stereo, but I need to find out how to do this, or who will do it the cheapest.

Have you seen this?:

Sony Audio Connecting Cable

"Sony's RK-G129 Audio Connecting Cable connects the iPod to your stereo's amplifier. Oxygen-Free Copper for golden sound." $5.95

that just looks like an RCA -> 1/8" adapter to me. not very useful unless you've got a nice amp with RCA out. blitzsafe also makes a CD->RCA converter if your HU has a slot for a CD changer.

Damn Boi — you're right, I didn't look at the photo very close. It is just an RCA to 1/8", I thought that was some cool new plug at the end but it's just an image representing your amp. Sorry.

Originally posted by boi
blitzsafe also makes a CD->RCA converter if your HU has a slot for a CD changer.

There are many CD to RCA adapters out there. you do have to make sure that the one you buy is compatable with the interface you are trying to bring the audio in through. One that will work with a Pioneer unit will not work with a Kenwood unit, etc...

well i don't have an amp, other than the one that is in the stereo itself. if the cd player has some jacks in the back, all i would need to do is take it out and plug it in, then run the wires out somehow.

Originally posted by bigbadbill
I'm still studying that theory! :cool:

Don't have to work too hard on that theory. Practical analysis is the proper way to determine the results of the test. According to the experts. :D

Originally posted by dave17lax
my "dream" is to mount my ipod in my car somehow (like in the dashboard or near the cd player), then go on a month long road trip. has anyone done this or something similar? please post pics.

I've been thinking about this a lot too...

An idea: go to a RadioShack or similar that sells universal cellular phone dash mounts. These, since they're 'universal', are usually quite wide and work by squeezing the two sides of the phone (like a vice).

Perhaps you can find one that's wide enough to fit your ipod? ;)

There are car kits for PDAs, look for those universal "one size fits all" holders and your woes be gone. I have seen a few of these at the local PDA shops.

www.panavise.com for all your ipod mounting needs. custom mounts for specific cars-- looks built in, but no drilling required. the mounts and the actual holders are sold separately and they have holders that will fit the ipod.

ipodfront.jpg

I've got one of those but i use it at work to hold my iPod up. In my car i just use a case with a swivle snap on the back then on my car i have a little holder that's about an inch tall and only a 1/4" or less wide. You hardly even see it.

Twister

Back