Copying entire hdd contents

kbulava85

Registered
Is there anyway to mirror my entire macintosh hdd over to another computer on my network?

I need to to do a clean reinstall of Tiger, however I have a lot of unrecoverable programs, fonts, movies and such spread out among the drive and what I'd to do is mirror the entire drive and take what i need as i need it off the mirror after i do the format/reinstall.

Problem is I tried a normal drag n drop but i didn't have permissions to copy certain file it said. I am the only user on this computer and I have admin rights on this user. Any ideas on how to duplicate this drive?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you for your time.

'I tried a normal drag n drop but i didn't have permissions to copy certain file it said. I am the only user on this computer and I have admin rights on this user.' - unfortunately, ever since Apple Computer Inc dropped (dumped, orphaned) the worlds greatest operating system ('System 9.x and earlier) in place of NeXTSTEP - oops, sorry - 'MacOS X', Macintosh users no longer have had such (drag and drop 'true - total' copying) simplicity.

'Is there anyway to mirror my entire macintosh hdd over to another computer on my network?' - yes, via 'Carbon Copy Cloner' (freeware) and 'SuperDuper' (freeware / shareware).

'Any ideas on how to duplicate this drive?' - each of the above applications comes with simple to follow instructions.

Back