Create a new Install Disk?

MagaChris

Registered
Hello!

Recently started a new job. They equipped me with a Macbook Pro, and has recently been upgraded to 10.5 from 10.4.

I want to reformat the computer, but I do not have the original install disc. Obviously cannot use anyone else's install disk.

Is there a way to create a new Install disk of 10.5 (the upgraded OS)? I could care less about archiving the system in any way- would rather wipe the entire thing out completely and start fresh!

Be conscious of the technical language! Just a designer here!

Chris

I am not sure I get what your saying

I want to reformat the computer, but I do not have the original install disc. Obviously cannot use anyone else's install disk. - yes, if you have another mac with a firewire port. You can do target disk mode and format your machine using another mac

Is there a way to create a new Install disk of 10.5 (the upgraded OS)? I could care less about archiving the system in any way- would rather wipe the entire thing out completely and start fresh! - this is the part i got confused.Are you saying that you want to erase and install mac os leopard on your MBP?using a cd?

What model do you have exactly?
Look into: "About this Mac" "more info" "Hardware" "Modell-Identifier"
What does it say there? Do you hasve ANY disc at all?

Back