Credible latest Apple hardware news

All rumors are as credible as their informants. We'll know for sure when Apple delivers.

To intro the PowerMacintosh G5 in January (and deliver in March or so) would make sense to me.

If the reports that TheRegister (www.theregister.co.uk) and MOSR received are true, then Motorola has both G4+ processors (7460 @ 1 GHz and more) and initial G5 processors (85xx @ 1 GHz and more) to sell.

They also claim the G5 to be quite expensive. The question that arises is whether Apple would want to extend their product line with two 'ultrahighend' machines that also cost more. I think this would not be a bad move.

If one motherboard can handle the 7460 AND the G5, Apple could truly start to 'build-to-order' again and let the customer choose what he wants and what he wants to pay for.

This would of course be a problem for retail channels, because you'd have to guess what machines are going to be the most popular and what machines won't sell at all.

And by the way: My rumour is as credible as MOSR or thinksecret, isn't it? :)

probably more credible than MOSR's!!:p

(This one from ThinkSecret seemed a bit more down-to-earth than most)

I've noticed that railheaddesign has been pretty accurate on it's 'advanced knowledge'. It's not a rumour site, though, so tidbits about upcoming software/hardware come in dribs & drabs.

Even the humour site As The Apple Turns , seems to have a better record at the accuracy of its fortune telling than MOSR .

Everyone posts "rumors", "spy shots", & "mock-ups" these days - because we all fly like lemmings to their front page.

Don't get me wrong,I'm not one of those 'people shouldn't read rumour sites, it's bad for Apple's business' kind of guys, I read them - but they are rarely more than one person's musings of what they think might happen.

that's why!

You don't see many people with Microsoft tatooed to their parts do you!:p

Back