Custom User Text

Finch

Insert something here...
Maybe someone can help me out here? I would really like to change my (Custom User Text) from junior member to something more appropriate. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do so? I've been told to just change the handle in the (Custom User Text) field, yet I don't seem to have one... Is there something I need to turn on?

Finch
finchl@AppleTalk.ca
:confused:

First, go to the user cp, then Edit profile. That screen has the Custom User Text field. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure what the setting is set at, but you have to post x amount of times before you can change your title.

May as well participate in some of the silly games that happen in the macosx.com cafe.

The reason for not allowing people to edit their titles is unknown to me, but my two guesses are, one, it's the default, and no one bothered to change it and two, it prevents people from making an account for the purposes of slandering the site.

Yeah, I think after 10 or 15 posts you can change it. I didn't realize you only had 5. That would definitely explain it.

Back