Dashboard and iChatAV questions??

nietzsche2131

Registered
Ok since I'm not a full developer, but I'm really exicited for Tiger. Anyways the question that I have about Dashboard in the Keynote when Steve pulled it up then was an extra menu to bring up the widgets. Well does it make for more clutter to have that? Or is it better? Oh yeah how cool is the ripple effect? Come on you developer's HAVE to like that one, ;)

Now for my ichat question is in the current iChat you can't see if the person is sending thier messages to thier cell phones ala in reagular AIM there's a cell phone icon to tell you that they aren't there and that anything you send them or anybody esle for that matter?? Cause the iChat in Panther doesn't show this?? Which at times I have to open up the normal AIM to find that out cause in iChat it doesn't show this. OK I hope that I was clear with that.
Also, is there any other cool features in iChat besides Jabber and the three way video chat??? Please say there is :) !!!

Thanks for your time

I'll answer the first question. ;) The 'extra menu' to bring up the widgets is a Dock, really. If you bring up Dashboard (either through F12, an assigned mouse-button or the Dock item - which you can put away, btw.), you don't initially see that special Dock. You have to click the cross-in-a-circle for it to appear. It disappears again, once you hit the cross-in-a-circle again. (I dunno what they call that, right now, it's a bit like a close-widget, but ain't...) In order to actually use the widgets, you have to hide that Dock again, so it doesn't clutter the screen, basically.

Well: The second question... No. No and no. iChat is - besides the new multi-video and audio chats plus Jabber, the same.

Back