Database tools

nimrod

Registered
I work at a small ISP that uses a windows for the web and database servers. We are currently re-designing our setup to migrate to Linux web servers, but do not know about the database portion.

I am quite familar with the performance aspects of MySQL and PostGreSQL, what I would like to know about are Client end tools for these databases that work on the MacOS X.

I would like to leave M$ completely, but I am fairly proficient on SQL Server, and this means the client tools. The Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, DTS, back up and recovery, stored procs, views, triggers, user/role setups and admin, etc. I could go on for days on the absolute ease of which to Admin and develop on SQL Server, but I really do not care for M$ and the constant Total Cost of Ownership increases.

Is there anyone out there with a knowledge of SQL Server and of a MacOS X client tool for PostGreSQL or MySQL that thinks they are similar in power and ease. If so, please respond to this thread with the 411.

My background is in web programming with ASP, JSP, ColdFusion. I almost completely worked on M$ until 6 months ago (I bought a Mac) and I am trying to get away from M$ as we speak.

Thanks for your help!

I have downloaded the app, and I am still working on the connections, no big deal will have it as soon as I have time. I was wondering if you have used any other tools they offer?

The Tomcat tool looks great, so does the eSuite. Do you have any experience with these?

Yeah, I purchased all of them and they all work wonderfully. Support is great from them.

Sometimes getting the JDBC drivers installed just right can be a hassle but once I was up and running they all worked beautifully.

The installers for Tomcat and MySQL are also a breeze and no hassle to install they really did a good job on making these, sometimes difficult applications for us non-geek types, a no-brainer click and done application.

Back